Sunday, October 3, 2010

*♥* Le Téa Et Crêpes *♥*

I'm currently not listening to any music right now, but I wanted to make this quick post before I go to bed - I did promise a post, did I not? ;) I literally just got back home after spending a wonderful day with Taylor :) I also got to see a couple of friends of mine whom I'll introduce in a bit. (^-^)

I wanted to share with you all something that I've been meaning to post all week:

I have a newfound adoration for tea and crepes! :)

Tonight I want to quickly talk about a little cozy hole-in-the-wall place called Le Téa Et Crêpes. (In French, meaning "tea and crepes").

Now, if you hang out with me and Taylor a lot, you'd know that we are very adventurous eaters and both of us try to be on the lookout for new places to eat. (Tay is better at this than I am, though, heh heh) I go down the road where the cafe is located everyday when I drive to and from work. For a while, I've wanted to go there, especially since there was a display board inviting customers to try their fruit and savory crepes. I realized that this was the place where my high school friend Brandon works - actually, he's one of the chefs! I contacted him letting him know we were going there and we made our first visit last Saturday. :)

I did a little research about Le Téa Et Crêpe and learned that Brandon's mom, the proud owner, opened the cafe in 2008. The website (click here) has the menu and information about their teas too. :) The crepes are cooked to order and made with the freshest ingredients.They've received a lot of wonderful reviews, mostly highlighting the food, tea, and comfortable environment. One reviewer said that they were very impressed by the extensive knowledge and recommendations provided from the server about the various teas they offered. They've even received a Best at the Beach award in 2009 for Best Tea Rooms.



...the pictures above was not taken by me, but anyway... It's a calm cozy place to be! I adore the lighting - the green and orange ball lighting design simply rocks! For a more romantic atmosphere they have these cute little candles on the tables; I think it was a very nice thing that Tay and I came in for dinner. :)
I apologize in advance if I make you hungry, but here's the food that we had while we were there that night - and I know I made all my Tweeps jealous when I posted these on Twitter!:

Taylor's Crêpe de Saucisse - Beef or Sausage sautéed with mix Peppers and Onion, topped with white wine sauce. I tried a little bit of it and it was very delicious :)
My Crêpe de Fruit (since I wanted something fresh and light after my heavy late lunch that day) - Filled with seasonal fruit and topped with mango guava sauce. I love the fresh fruit and the mango guava sauce was just out of this world... Wow. Simply wow!
We tried 2 teas: Oolong with Goji Berry and Tieh Kuan Yin (or "Iron Buddha") with osmanthus and honeysuckle. Very yummy! (You will find information about each of the tea ingredients provided in the link above). Enjoying some tea here and being with Taylor just made the meal experience very relaxing and romantic xoxo
And for dessert: Caramel Apple Blossom - it was so warm and cinnamon-y and a great way to end the meal :)

We promised another visit soon, and that's where we went for lunch today :) This time for our tea we had white tea with rose bud and honeysuckle - it was sweet, light and floral... I think that's my favorite tea combination thus far! Tay had the Crêpe de Saucisse again while I had...

OMG, CHICKEN YAKISOBA! Light flavors, yet very delicious :) I really adore the cute carrot flower, by the way. I couldn't eat it. ...yes, it was that cute. (^-^;)
Brandon, along with his older brother Josh who also runs the cafe, suggested that we try a new dessert: panna cotta. I really liked this, especially the creaminess of the Italian cream. The texture reminded me of flan, so the best way for me to describe it is that it's like an Italian flan! I want to get this next time :)
I wasn't going to leave without getting a crepe, of course, so I had the Crêpe de Liqueur - Filled with nutella, strawberry and banana, topped with Berries and Crème de Cassis, Orange Curacao or Crème de Banana. Considering that there is alcoholic ingredients, you must be 21 to order this. I like the flavored liquers of banana and orange, but I thought Crème de Cassis would be an appropriate choice to tie in all of the ingredients together. ...and oh my it was :) Another favorite to add to my food list!

Well, there you have it you everyone! If you're in the Virginia Beach area, or are planning to be in the area sometime soon, please give this place a visit!

...or Brandon will come after you in your sleep. XD

Time for bed, so until next time (and by that, I mean tomorrow) - good night!

Sweet fishie kissies,

~Reiko (^o^) zzzzz xoxo ♥

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

the crepes look so fancy & delicious! now I have to go find some crepes in Seattle tomorrow!