Monday, October 4, 2010

*♥*50 Question Meme and Lazy Day*♥*

[Currently watching/listening to Azumanga Daioh (^-^;)]

Good evening everyone :) I hope you had a good day today. I know I did. I mainly did nothing but rest, rest, REST!

After updating my status on Facebook earlier today, my co-worker Jordan commented that she liked this one because whenever she sees me, I'm always on the go. I guess I can say that I'm naturally energetic when I'm at work; even when I'm physically exhausted, I find that I'm still running. Pretty much like the Energizer bunny: Going...and going...and going... (^-^;)

Today I decided that since I have a day off to prepare for another busy week at work ahead, it's time to recharge my batteries and rest. It is nice to be able to sleep in, have naps, and be lazy in between. (= o =) zzz

Hmm... I guess if I had a highlight for today, it'd be that I caught up with some anime again (^-^)

As I'm typing this I'm also watching/listening to another episode of Azumanga Daioh. For those who don't know what this anime is about, it follows the lives of a group of high school girls who go through some... um... very interesting scenarios. Such as dealing with a very competitive, self-proclaimed diva of a teacher; competing against one another in contests whose names make little sense; a girl's love for cats who chomp her hand(s) whenever she tries to pet them; and sadly, yes, dealing with a perverted teacher who likes girls.

... (^-^;)

I first read the manga and watched the anime during my junior and senior years of high school and thought this series was the cutest anime. ...and now that I'm seeing the series for the second time after not seeing it for a few years... I've also forgotten how ridiculously ridiculous it is/was... It still made me laugh though; I've been needing a bit of laughing today :) Yes, the anime is quite silly, but it's still pretty good.


...oh, Chiyo-chan... X3

I've also tried to take some time to figure out what's going on with video editing... If you saw the video in my previous post (in "It's Fall!"), you'd see that the video footage appeared on the top half and my texts appeared at the bottom half. The program I used was Windows Movie Maker for the Vista system. Last month I tried to film a "Products for September" video to upload to my Youtube channel, but the same thing happened after I published the finished video onto my hard-drive. This was bothering me for a while, so I decided to experiment:

First I experimented with my web-cam (QuickCam® for Notebooks Deluxe). I recorded a short test video, added subtitle text, and published it to my Videos folder. After viewing it on Windows Media Player, there was no problem: the video footage was full-screened with subtitles, which was what I've been aiming for with the other videos.

I currently don't have a proper video camera to record videos with, so I use my digital camera: Samsung Dual Screen TL220. I've tried all the video sizes, from 320x240 as the smallest setting to the largest setting at 1280x720 in HQ and made one video for each. Sadly, I didn't get the same result as the webcam video.

I'm feeling a little discouraged about this... As much as I would love to have an upgraded webcam or even a camcorder, I cannot afford one right now... However, I'm thinking later on I'll create another video with my digital camera, edit it and post it on Youtube - maybe someone out there would be nice to give me advice or even a tutorial on how to fix this! :) If you guys have ideas on how I can fix my videos, I'd appreciate that too :)

Well, it's been a while since I've done this but I've added a meme here! I used to do this all the time for my Myspace bulletins, but I'm almost never there anymore. I figured that since it has been a while, I'd try something fun here and finish this meme for you! Feel free to add this to your blog and add your own responses. I hope that through this and perhaps future memes, I'll get to know you all and you'll get to know me :)

Without further ado, let's START! :)

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?

"...my hair looks ridiculous... Day~um!" XD

2. How much cash do you have on you?

Hmm, about $10 - lunch money for work! :)

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?

Adore! :)

4. Favorite planet?

There's no place like Mother Earth :)

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?

I don't recognize the number; he/she must have called the wrong number by accident... Ah, well. :o

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?

I have a lot of customized ringtones on my iPhone right now, but this week it's set as "Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City (^-^)

7. What shirt are you wearing?

I'm currently wearing 2 shirts: a dark teal spaghetti strap and a black long-sleeved shirt with pink flowers :) Most of my wardrobe is bought at Kohl's :3

8. Do you label yourself?

I am not sure if this counts or not but: I am the one and only Reiko! (or Jenni if you know me in real life :D )

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?

I'm not wearing shoes right now - but wearing black socks :3

10. Bright or Dark Room?

I prefer a bright room, but not too bright - so long as I'm able to see what's around me, that's fine by me (^o^)

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?

I don't know the person who started this meme, but I'll say that he or she is cool to make one for us :)

12. What does your watch look like?

It's a slim, light-blue Fossil watch given to me from my mom on my sweet 16th :)

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?

Editing my entries for my blog; sadly I lost the one I wanted to originally write here on Blogger... (T 3 T)

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?

I was texting my friend Justin; after I replied with a "Yup. Might be updating my blog", he said, "That's good." ...I think he's still not doing too well on his end... :(

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?

There are 3 close to me, all about the same distance way from my house. We have one almost every half mile in the city where I live, I think... (o_O)

16. What's a word that you say a lot?

Not really a word... But I do say, "Heh heh" a lot. (^-^;)

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?

Taylor :3

18. Last furry thing you touched?

My Webkins polar bear. I named him Yuki. And he has a rude personality against guys. ...he's really nice to the ladies though... (^-^;)

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?

None at all. :)

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?

None; I'm so happy to have a digital camera :)

21. Favorite age you have been so far?

So far... When I was 16 - I had my first boyfriend and first kiss with him. ...I'm pretty sure you can guess who this is! :)

22. Your worst enemy?

Myself sometimes... :o

23. What is your current desktop picture?

"Transient Princess" by the awesomely talented MontyOum, creator of the Dead Fantasy series (check out his work on Youtube!)

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?

Hmm, online or in person? If in person, I said to my mom before going to my room after dinner, "I hope the router will behave..."

Online: I want to stay in the vb area; definitely not norfolk (while talking to my high school friend Jason about moving soon)

25.
If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?

I'd choose the million bucks - I have plenty of ideas on how to use it :)

26. Do you like someone?

Oh yes. It's more than like though. :)

27. The last song you listened to?

"Telephone" by Lady Gaga and Beyonce (-^__^-)

28. What time of day were you born?

11:34am :)

29. What’s your favorite number?

Hmm... That's a good question... I don't think I've ever had a favorite number :o

30. Where did you live in 1987?

In my mother's belly until I was born into the world :)

31. Are you jealous of anyone?

I'm a little jealous of high school students for some reason... Maybe it's because my co-workers who are in high school are making wonderful memories such as prom and football games... I'd love to relive my high school days... but then again, I'm happy with what I do have. :)

32. Is anyone jealous of you?

I'm pretty sure there is at least one person... :o

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?

Freshman year in high school; I was in my English class when I learned about this.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?

Shake the machine and curse a little; if my food comes out fine, I'm happy but if not, I sigh and move on :o

35. Do you consider yourself kind?

For the most part, yes :)

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?

Either on my torso or on my back - I have a tribal dragon tattoo design I'd love to have one day (^.^)

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?

Hmm, well I am fluent in English and Japanese... but I can't speak a lick of Filipino... I'd love to master it one day!

38. Would you move for the person you loved?

Yes; I think it would also give us a chance to spread our wings and get ourselves out into the world (^-^)

39. Are you touchy feely?

No, but I like to give hugs! \(^0^)/

40. What’s your life motto?

Be true to yourself - stay original, never a copy.

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?

Glasses, cell phone, and a pretty necklace :)

42. What’s your favourite town/city?

I have three cities: Virginia Beach (my hometown), Staunton, VA (where I went to school) and Tokyo, Japan (where I went for my trip with my girl friends from college)

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?

A smoothie from Tropical Smoothie Cafe: the Tropi-colada has coconut, pineapple and banana; I don't like it when the banana is too ripe, so I replace it with strawberries. Yum! :)

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?

It's been a long time since I wrote one, but my most recent was when my elementary school friend Kandice and I wrote letters a lot until we found each other online. (^-^)

45. Can you change the oil on a car?

Sort of... Well, Dad showed me how to change the oil only once on my old Rav4. With my new Rav4 we need a special tool to take out the filter... Still some learning to do... (^-^;)

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?

That he is going to be busy for the rest of this week, but he can't wait until we are able to see each other again

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?

I don't know much actually... My last name is Spanish, so it's possible it's derived from when the Spanish conquistadors came to Philippine soil back in the16th century. Also, it's possible that I have a bit of Chinese ancestry from my mom's paternal side - I guess it's no wonder people ask me if I'm Chinese... (-.-)

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?

My elder cousin Douglas was married this past July in Philadelphia. It was summer so I had to wear something cute and summery :) I love that summer dress

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?

Not at the moment (^o^)

50. Have you been burned by love?

Absolutely. :)

Mmkay, well, time for me to rest one more time before I go to work tomorrow morning - until then everyone, take care and I'll see you next time!

Be true to yourself, and stay beautiful :)

With love,
~Reiko (^o^)/~ xoxo ♥

No comments: