Sunday, January 10, 2010

☆Que Sera Sera, My Dear :) ☆


Heh heh, you guys thought I fell off the face of the earth here, now didn't you? :)
...I'm just kidding. How was everyone's weekend? Good, I hope! Let me know in the comments section! :)
Also, I'm putting up a new poll for this week; apparently, I don't have a lot of fans who read my blogs just yet and I seem to be the only one answering my own poll... -__- ...give a girl some love, you guys! *shakes fist!*
Well, just to get you guys up to speed with what's been going on with me lately:
1. I noticed that since going to the gym this past week, my endurace for jogging and whatnot has definitely improved! I got to the gym late after work on Friday night and it was as though I didn't want to stop! So, there's definitely been some improvement for my stamina, and I'm very happy about that. :) I haven't felt that way in a long while, not since the fencing competition that I went to last year.
2. I finally enrolled for classes this semester at my local community college... And that left me with very, very little money in my account afterward. ;___; Unfortunately, I won't be able to have money come in until around Friday when my paycheck comes around; by that time I'll be able to pay for my textbooks (all of which will blow-out 75% or more of my check anyway D: ). No, I've decided not to go for financial aid this time around, but I'm actually feeling pretty proud of myself for taking this responsibility upon myself to enroll for classes and do this on my own. I'm taking Principles of Accounting II, History of Art I, and Readings of the Old Testament. I'm pretty excited for taking these courses (seriously) this semester, except for the part where the books are going to bomb my check big time this week. =/
...and speaking of money...
3. I'm selling some of my stuff! ...okay, make that... a lot. In the past few months/years, I've been wanting to sell a lot of my possessions like my manga, DVDs, and other collectables. Otaku, me? Hell yes. In recent months, however, I've come to realize that I can do without a lot of these beautiful possessions and as much as I hate to even think of parting with all of them... I'm doing this for a good cause. Besides, I bet there are a lot of awesome folk out there who would love to give my stuff new homes. So! This past weekend, my project was to re-update my inventory and I finally posted my entries to my LiveJournal Garage Sale! If you happen to be reading this and are interested in what I have to offer, then I invite you to visit my LJ: http://she_sells_stuff.livejournal.com/
By the way, you saw the pic earlier right? That's the same one I used earlier today for my Garage Sale advertisement :)
4. I found out recently that my friend, whom we'll nickname Lara Croft (for privacy purposes), is engaged and last night she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. ...and I said YES! I'm very excited for 2 reasons: I haven't been to a wedding yet (especially for my friends), and I feel very honored because I've never been asked by anyone to become a bridesmaid before. I'm excited and a little bit nervous, but in time, assuming that things go well in the next few months, everything will fall into place. She and I have a very interesting past with each other, but even after the craziness that happened, she finally found her happiness. I'm very happy for her and I'm looking forward to helping her out in any way I can until the big day. :)
5. I also found out from my mom via text message earlier this evening that a resident I know just passed away, and I didn't see this one coming. His name was Mr. Wilkinson, and over the past few years, I would see him coming into the dining room, always getting his food from the buffet line and serving him cup after cup of hot decaf coffee. He has a wife who is now taken cared of by nurses in the special care department, but when they came down to eat meals together, they were one of the sweetest couples I've ever known. I'll definitely miss him. :(
...see, right there is an example of one setback from working in a retirement home (refer to my previous blog about my job). You get to meet a lot of people there, many with wonderful personalities and with beautiful backgrounds. I've learned by now that the more you get to know these people, a bit of attachment grows as well. I had a similar feeling with some of the residents who have already passed away. A lot of times, they go when you least expect it. I will feel sad about it, definitely. However, I have to keep telling myself that this is a natural process of life, and that's why I decided that I'm going to try harder to live my life to the fullest, and to my ability with a smile. People lead beautiful lives and their stories live on; maybe one day mine will too.
But on a lighter, happier note, I feel that there are a lot of things looking up in the next months to come, so I've gotta keep my chin up. :)
Tell me a bit about yourself in the comments section below: What is your motivation for living your life? :)
That's all for now everyone, and again, sorry for the lack of updates - you'll see more of me soon enough!
Until next time,
xoxo ~Reiko ☆*.

No comments: