Thursday, January 14, 2010

☆Music of the week: "Wedding Dress" - TaeYang ☆

Before going to my music find of the week, I wanna mention something: See the Cranberry Apple tea that I have in my hand? Bigelow's Cranberry Apple tea is very delicious, and I suggest you all to try this tea out. Why? Because awesome delicious tea is awesome. And delicious. :) It's a very nice blend of cranberries, apples (duh!), hibiscus, chamomile, and rose hips. Best of all, since this tea is more of an herbal tea, it's caffiene free, so you can treat yourself to a nice cup of this before going to bed. :) I sweeten my tea with a spoonful of honey; it's already sweet, flavor-wise, but I like that hint of even more sweetness with mine. :)v ☆

All right, now without further ado: Music of the Week!

I'm very excited to introduce you guys to a singer whose song that I found so pretty that I even have that playing on loop in my iTunes and on my iPod - a very talented singer from Korea, say hello to TaeYang!
I did a little bit of research on him, and apparently he's the lead singer for the Korean pop band, Big Band and they've been around since 2006. Not only is the band famous in Korea, but Japan as well - I found out that he accompanies Thelma Aoyama, a favorite Japanese artist of mine, in her single "Fall in Love" which is coming out later this month, so I'm very excited to hear more from them! He already has a solo mini-album out, "Hot" and his second solo album, "Real", is said to come out later on this year. :)

"Wedding Dress" came out in November 2009 and I can't believe I missed this during my music finds at the time! But then again, it's better than not at all. This song is the only one I've found from him so far, but I look forward to finding more about him the near future. This song got me hooked - hell, even the music video is very good too. It's the song of a young man who has a love for a girl who gets proposed and married to his best friend. The lyrics express his feelings for her, and now that she is married, he realizes that he will never be able to express them to her; in the end, as much as he loves her, he decides that he loves her enough to let her go and be happy. Music-wise, the piano intro is beautiful and strong, but most of all, I like how the wedding march blended in during the interlude - soft with a hint of sadness. The style of the song reminds me of Ne-Yo's "Mad". Now I'm not saying that either song is better than the other, but overall as much as it is a sad song, it's actually very beautiful.

The first time I read the translations for the song while listening to it (since I don't know much Korean yet!), I cried. It reminds me a little bit about my past, which I won't explain here, but I will say that I do understand what it's like to be in a position like this. ...and love here is the hardest thing to overcome.

To get a better look at this song, check out the music video below - you may need to open this video in a separate window to see all the lyrics translations. I hope you'll enjoy this song as much as I do. (But I take that back since I've had this song on loop for the past couple of days now... XD )


Love with all your heart, everyone!

~Reiko ☆*.

Edit: On a slightly related note (or not...), as of Monday night, my boyfriend Taylor and I are back together after being separated for a (long) month and a half. :) I've been feeling much happier since then. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, this actually is a pretty catchy song (as much as i kind of hate admitting it XD) thanks for posting it!