Monday, March 15, 2010

♥Reiko's Fitness Challenge - Day 1!♥

[Currently listening to KIRIKO sings "Studio Ghibli Films music" with an ERHU. "HARE-TANE" album - buy it on iTunes if you're a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki's films and music!]

Hi everyone! It's been a long week, but I'm back with some exciting news :)

It's been about a week and a half since my car accident, and my injuries have mostly healed; I'm very thrilled that my bitten lip and tongue are not aching anymore and my bruises and aches have lessened :) I'm healing up, and I'm very excited! I'm also very eager to drive again, so starting today, I'm going to drive me and my mom to work. I know my parents still worry about me about driving, but I'm not going to let that big crash scare me - I'm like a dandelion: spunky and tough! :D

Since I'm crunching for time right now, I just wanted to briefly touch on something that I'll be doing in the next couple of months :)

At work, there is a fitness challenge event where the employees can record their physical activities; it's a contest to see who can complete the challenge, recording the number of minutes of activities done for each day. My mom has done something like this in the winter, and when this challenge came up again, I decided to give it a whirl. After all, I have been going the gym at least 3 times a week and I stretch and do yoga almost every morning and evening; not to mention I do a lot of walking when I'm working - bartenders and waitstaff do a lot of walking! I was curious to know how I was doing as far as average time of exercising for each day and I also wanted to know my average walking distance when I work each week.

In preparation for this challenge, I went shopping with my dad yesterday to buy a little pedometer for me to wear and watch for the times that I clock in and out of work. I'll be recording my progress daily so let's see how I do today! Later on, I'll be updating with some exercise routines that you can try at home. :)

So far today, I've done about half an hour's worth of stretching and warm-up exercises; I do this daily so that my body and mind are awake and ready for the day. I plan to go to the gym later on in the afternoon, and then meet with my boyfriend Taylor for dinner (for sushi night!). I haven't seen him in almost a week, so this is going to be very fun! ^0^

All right guys, time to head out - I'll be back again to record my physical activities and share more fun stuff with you! Have a great start to your week! Be well!

Much love,
~Reiko ♥*.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

man...I need to hit the gym! Will power!!!